Monday, September 24, 2007

Holidays!

Finally, a break from school. It is week 8 and that is recess week. Time really flies. I have been a student for nearly 6 months. School is okay. I wouldn't say it is great but it beats working and serving national service. Also, I'm finally 21. No longer a minor. I can now sign legally binding contracts, which is good I guess. I hope to show some photos here soon.

I am doing some relief teaching during this one week break at my secondary school to earn some extra money. Some facts before I continue. I graduated from my secondary school in 2002. So, I have not been back to my secondary school for 5 years. Things there have really changed.

A lesson I learnt is that being a teacher is not an easy job. My first day of relief teaching and my respect for all my teachers has increased ten fold. Speaking to a group of forty students is not an easy task. With many of the students chatting away while you teach, speaking becomes shouting. Also, it saddens me to see that some of our young minds of tomorrow do not see the importance of education. Some really do take for granted the lessons the teachers are conducting. Friends of mine who did not attain a good quality education certificate, do regret not realising education's importance and make the extra effort then. I guess only time will tell what lies in Singapore's future.

I do not have any photos in this entry but I will make an honest effort the next time. Till then, ciao~

1 comment:

WeiWei said...

Hey yo~, I think it is time for u to update ur blog liao lah, so long never update liao