Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Malacca: Quiet, Little Town

Zhi Chen, Weili and I decided to take advantage of the strong Sing Dollar and went on a short trip across the border to Malacca with last week. It has been ages since I last went to Malacca. We took a Five Star coach from Boon Lay, which will bring us directly to our hotel in Malacca. However, we were informed that the bus had some "problem" and we had to transfer to another bus, which came from Beach Road at Tuas Checkpoint. I really doubt that the bus really had any problems. I think it really was because that were six passengers incuding us and it would not be profitable to drive us up. Customs was smooth but ended up waiting nearly half an hour to transfer to the new bus.


Malacca has not really changed much since my last visit. The place looks relatively the same as I remembered, just much quieter. Maybe it wasn't the weekends but Malacca seems to be lacking locals and tourists. Everywhere we when was pretty much empty.

Overall, it is a relaxing, slow-paced trip with shopping and eating being the highlights. I would not be returning any time soon though.

No comments: