Monday, February 25, 2008

Canada, Planes and Everything in between

A little late with this week's blog posting so I will get straight to the point.

I was at Paragon on Tuesday and saw an interesting display of lion dance. The performance was in an up-market watch shop, "Yafriro". The interesting part was that the shop owners had six lions in the shop which wasn't very big. So six lions were crammed into the small shop and the lions weren't really dancing. They were like banging into each other.





I applied for overseas exchange last month and I got back the results of my application on Wednesday. I got a place in HEC Montreal in Canada.



To be precise, the university is in Montreal, Canada. If everything goes smoothly, I will be leaving Singapore in early August and will only be back before New Year. I will continue to blog about my preparation for and my activities during my exchange in Canada.

Want to know more, wiki it.

Me and my friend, Dennis went to the 1st Singapore airshow on Sunday. In summary, I felt that it was not worth the money and time spent. We took close to 2 hours to get from Pasir Ris Interchange to the event venue.

Firstly, finding a place to park my car was horrible. Most of the nearby car parks were full and I wasn't willing to fork out money to park at a HDB car park on Sunday.

Okay, I guess some of you out there will said, "Who ask you to drive..." But, I really didn't want to sit on the stupid train from one end to the another. I will be totally put off by the train journey and totally not go.

The line to board the shuttle bus was really, really very long. The amount of people heading to the event was unbelievable and the line went around the bus interchange. Everyone was out in the Sunday and I really pitied the young children who couldn't stand for the long periods of time.

The aerial display wasn't really very spectacular. Overall, the display felt too long and some of the stunts were repeated quite a few times. Also, the fires in Indonesia caused a slight haze in the sky causing many photos I took to be rather blur. The highlight of the display was definitely the A380. All the cameras around me, including mine was clicking away at the giant in the sky. Marvelously, the A380 can maneuver very well and wasn't very loud.



The static display and the exhibitions wasn't really very interesting. The SAF and the USAF provided a few air crafts each. The luxury business jets and helicopter were already gone. I guess they knew the public will not be able to afford such things and left after the trade days. Similarly, the majority of the exhibition booths were empty.

Most of the photos I took were of the A380 (Not surprising). Enjoy~









Note to self: Don't go to the next airshow unless you got trade tickets.

Till next time

No comments: